Food Safety Auditor, located within 50 miles of Bristol
Micron2 Ltd. – South West
Food Safety Auditor
A person is required to carry out accredited audits of food suppliers.
The position would suit a person with 3 years experience in the food manufacturing industry who is looking for a career in the field of supplier auditing. Initially training would be given in an accredited food safety scheme. In due course, for the successful person training would be given for carrying out accredited audits against BRCGS Global Standards. This would include taking the required BRCGS courses, a Lead Assessor course and any other qualifications that are required.
The successful applicant shall able to demonstrate a reasonable breadth of practical knowledge of food industrial processes and food safety. They will be a good communicator, able to organise their own work and to meet tight deadlines. They would be expected to develop within this role and progress within our Company.
The person would be working from their home base and be required to travel to sites to carry out the audits. Our requirement is for someone to cover primarily an area that would include the South and South West of England and South Wales.
Essential Requirements are:
· A degree in a food science related or bioscience discipline, or as a minimum, successful completion of a food related or bioscience higher education course.
· 3 years experience of food manufacturing or relevant industry.
· Demonstrable competence with normal office software systems and familiarity with video communications, e.g. Zoom, Teams.
· Good communication skills.
· Current Driving Licence
Preference will be given to those who have experience of production at first hand, who have good practical knowledge of the food industry and who exceed the minimum academic qualifications e.g. holding qualifications in HACCP and/or food hygiene.
This is a new, full time position and the successful person would be reporting to the Compliance Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Profit sharing
- Certificate of Higher Education (required)
- Food manufacturing industry: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: On the road
Apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org